Creative Rants from Kate, Vee & Me

On-line diary of a crafting addict.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Cabinet of Curiosities challenge: EXPLORE


I am so excited about this challenge. This is the first time I have done anything like this. I have been stalking several bloggers who are artists. I decided it was time for me to jump in.
This theme was EXPLORE. This could be my theme for the year. This year I didn't make resolutions; I made goals. I feel like this year will be different. I have been evolving/changing/exploring so much since last April and still continue. I have recently become a SAHM to my two little boys. That has been exploration in itself. Very rewarding, but challenging for me as well.
I am working on becoming a business owner selling my artwork. As an artist I have just begun collaging. I also make jewelry and started making collage pendants for jewelry. I've been inspired/obsessed with crowns, vintage images, flowers, hearts, angels, architecture, stars, swirls, and doors/windows.
I have a scarey picture of the craft room/guest room/office/junk room. I am in the process of getting it in working order as my art room and sanctuary. Since I started this process all I see is possiblity.
To check out other artists participating and the 2 wonderful women hosting this challenge check it out here and here.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I really like the visual goals on your 'explore' page - it's like a creative mindmap but beautifully presented. This is a first for me too, but I am really enjoying it. I look forward to seeing further of your pages. Kathy

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Monica said...

I love the energy of this page and how you put all those images and colors together! Great work!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Monica said...

I love the energy of this page and how you put all those images and colors together. Great work!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Sounds like you are going to have a VERY exciting year!! I love your piece for this challange. It's absolutely wonderful!!!!

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Love your explore page-so full of color and attention to detail. There is lot's going on and I love having to really "look around" a page, almost like exploring the page! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger Christi said...

I love the way that you did your collage and it is really nice to hear your goals for the year!! smiles....

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Your Explore page is great! I have to get going on my first two pages. I am behind and tomorrow there will be a third promt to work on. Yikes!!!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Love your post! This page is great. Love all the images and that turquois is stunning. So glad you're doing the challenge. Love it all!!!

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Explore page! So many visuals to explore as the viewer! It's really really wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home